WinZip is a tool trough which you can compress you files, to reduce its storage space. The files which are compressed using WinZip tool are saved in the ZIP format. This tool allows users to collect and compress files together. Zip file is not only useful for sharing a number of files, but it is also an excellent technique to minimize file size. As Zip files are useful, so it is a real headache if it became inaccessible. To access data from a Zip file or ZIP archive, you need to extract it. Sometime extraction process may not complete successfully due to corruption to the ZIP archive. How to fix corrupt Zip file is the most common query asked in such situation.
Let’s consider a scenario in which you use GPRS connection to access the internet on my computer. You downloaded one of your important Zip file which was of 500 MB. Since the download can be continued, you paused and again restarted the download whenever you got time. As download has been completed and you try to extract that downloaded ZIP file using WinZip. But you get shocked after seeing the error message like CRC failed. You tried re-downloading the same file once again but results were same. If that inaccessible file contains your important project details or your last trip photographs, then it results to a big disappointment. Besides improper downloading there are many more scenarios, which leads to ZIP file corruption:
- Viruses and other malware infection on ZIP file, will corrupt ZIP file and delete content from it.
- Sometime ZIP file get corrupt due to unknown error.
- Interruption during ZIP file downloading process also results in ZIP file corruption.
- Use of unknown compression technique to ZIP the files can also be another reason for ZIP file corruption.
- File header corruption add one more point to the Zip file corruption.
- Zip files sometime face the problem of header corruption, once the header is corrupted then the data in it gets corrupted.
- On the other hand, it is sometime risky to share file over unsecured or public network.
You can protect your Zip file from corruption by following some safety precautionary steps.
- Create a proper backup of all your crucial files.
- Use strong power source to reduce the problem sudden system shutdown.
- Upgrade antivirus in your system so that virus attack can be avoided.
These precautions can help you in minimizing data loss problem. However, precautions are not at all sufficient, there are many more scenarios which occur suddenly and results severe data loss. To conquer such situation you need some powerful tool which can repair your corrupted Zip file. Fix corrupt Zip tool is the most secures way to repair corrupted Zip file. Corrupt zip file repair process became quite simple with the introduction of this tool. It scans the entire drive in few minutes to recover data from ZIP file. This tool has an ability to identify file on the bases of its unique signature. It contains save recovery option with help you to resume the recovery any time. From preview option have a preview of all your recovered files, which help you in recovery. To use this tool try free demo version of this software and if the results of demo version are satisfactory for you then you go for its licensed version.